Now that I’m done with school and feel like I have a handle the excitement of being Dr. Day Merrill, I’ve enjoyed spending time on some personal admin tasks I had put on hold. One of these tasks was putting photos from fun events up on the blog.
Travel with me back to February. Right after the second blizzard hit Baltimore, Scott and I went to Houston for a weekend. The big event for the weekend that we had been looking forward to for awhile was a cook-out (I just love that you can have a cook-out in Houston in February!) with Scott’s friends and family as well as with Christine Yamokoski, my girrrrrrrrl who just moved to Houston. (I’m SO glad that I get to see Christine and her family whenever we go to Houston!)
(Becky and Ian show off their bellies)
Christine and Phyllis planned a shower for me during the bar-b-que. It was so much fun to get cute baby items and to hear helpful tips from experienced moms.
Before this shower Scott and I had basically no baby items but after this fun party we felt like we had a solid supply to help us feel more ready. I can’t wait to put the baby in comfy sleep sacks and to watch him pull toys and books out of his monogrammed backpack (Thank you, Christine!).
No comments:
Post a Comment