March 3, 2011

Balancing act

Over this past week Henry has taken quite a few steps!! Granted not one of them did he decide, Oh, I'm going to stand up and step towards that fun object over there.  Instead, we, his fan club consisting of me, Scott, Shilpi, and Shobita, decided for him that we wanted the entertainment of him trying to walk.  For the last month or so he's been walking around while holding our hands, so now we just pulled our hands away from him and watched how far he would go.  He got good at the three step shuffle :)

Last Saturday was Olivia's 1 year birthday party. Katherine, her mom, is quite the planner and went all out to celebrate, as she said, not only Olivia's birthday but also surviving one year of motherhood.  It was at the Club and quite fancy schmancy and fun. Complete with a merry go round...
 Of course Henry, clean and presentable when we arrived immediately bee-lined it for the dirtiest part of the area:
And then took a nap and missed the "cake cutting"
Rest assured, with 2 and a half months until Henry's 1st birthday I'm well on my way to planning an even more impressive celebration.

On more of a Henry note, he's such a ham for the camera. I pull it out and immediately gets all giggly and stares at it  showing off his biggest smiles. And remember he just loves smiling with his eyes, i.e. shutting them ever so gently while he shows off his pearly whites - super cute.  Well, this morning I happened to have the camera out and here is a sequence of photos.  I literally only deleted 1 photo that was blurry:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I think he wore himself out by the end there!


The weekend has arrived which means more apartment hunting. Wish us luck.

No comments: