December 22, 2011

Glamorous

Brrrr it's cold in Bangladesh!  It might not sound cold to say its 60 degrees here but I swear it feels COLD.  I won't complain because I certainly like the cold more than the heat.  Tonight was a special night because me, Henry, all the ladies from our apartment and the apartment across the hall, and James, a man who helps us walk Guinness, all ended up leaving the house at the same time today.  That's the first time that's happened. Usually when I get home Henry wants to leave with Shilpi and Shobita so I take him on a walk or we go to the Club to play for a little while, but usually it's just the 4 of us walking.  Today it just so happened all 7 of us got to walk together and it was lots of fun. 

Henry has been a big bundle of fun lately.  His latest phrases:
"Yum" and if he really likes the food "Yummmm".  If I trigger him he'll say "delicious"
"Like it"
"Feel good"
"Awesome"
"Cat hiding" if he can't find a cat on the street.
"Bhat khabo" which means I will eat rice.
"Good night" and "Good morning"
And if I yawn he, rightfully, says "Mommy tired. Momma sleep."
And perhaps my favorite new phrase starting 2 days ago... "Lub ew" (Love you) I've been getting excited to hear those words out of his mouth and the other day when I was putting him to bed he said it and then yesterday when I was leaving for the office he yelled it out.

Yesterday I came home to quite a surprise.  I was wondering why Henry really wanted to take his socks off and convinced him to keep them on for awhile because of the cold. Finally he took them off and there we go - he had red glittery painted toe nails!  Lily, the 4 year old who lives across the hall, was so jealous and I was so shocked. I was mostly shocked that someone was able to coax him to sit still for long enough to paint all of his little toes nails - but who did it and with whose nail polish since I don't have any in the house? I found out the next day that it was Shobita who had painted his nails but with whose nail polish I still don't know.  An interesting situation indeed.  I have a feeling Shobita (and Lily) would be happy if I had girl next!

No comments: