March 9, 2012

Bonding with his furry brother

First some highlights from the last few days:
Henry forgot to actually smile when he poked his fingers in his cheeks.
Enjoying a splash at a roof top party the other day
 
Henry is in a phase of putting on our shoes and walking all over the house


Henry and Guinness have a great relationship.  Henry is stoked to have a furry brother who will play ball with him at any time, will not mind if Henry sticks his hand or foot in his mouth to try to elicit some licks, and perhaps best of all, will let Henry climb all over him without a complaint.  I don't know if Guinness gets much out of the hands and feet smooshed in his face or the climbing, but he certainly loves to have Henry around to throw ball since Scott and I won't even make one toss for fear that we're hooked into a never ending game of catch.  

For comparison, I thought I'd post photos from back when Henry was just 3 weeks old
Tonight I was able to snag a Climb-on-Guinness session on camera that took place when Henry went to say goodnight to Guinness.  Guinness remained his patient self through all the "attention".
 Henry was sure to give a final sweet hug to make sure they were still as close as ever.

Speaking of brothers, this morning Henry, for the first time, gently patted then kissed my belly and said "Hi baby brother."  He's wanted to snuggle with the growing belly for a little while now and if I prompt him he'll say something nice to the fetus but can I venture to say that they've already started forming a bond?  Less than 3 months to go until they finally meet!

1 comment:

Radha said...

Aw, Guinness is the most patient dog I have ever seen! And I can't believe you're just 3 months away from baby #2. Exciting!