Henry is asleep and I hope to catch a few hours of ZZZs before we head to the airport late in the night. It's been an interesting week knowing that we're leaving for 3 months and will return with another baby. One aspect of this week that is unique to living abroad is that not only do I say bye to friends that I won't see for these few months, but a number of my friends will move away from Dhaka over the summer so I won't see them again when I'm back. My oh my - lots to keep track of! But, we've made the most of it and have had a great week.
There were a few days this week that I left for work a little late and caught Henry getting some cooking lessons from Shilpi. A couple weeks ago we bought him a stool so he could reach the sinks to wash his hands. He quickly figured out that he could also use his stool to 'help' cook. It's a lot of fun to have him participate and to see him so excited as the final product comes together. He especially loves helping to make ice cream and then watching it spin in the maker - but who wouldn't!
Today we went to an Easter egg hunt organized at the Club made all the better by the rain which was nice enough to join the party. When we pointed out the first egg to Henry he looked at us curiously wondering why we were telling him to pick up this odd plastic thing. However, it took just that first egg to get him hooked and he was a avid hunter after that.
We then took our last photo as just the three of us in Dhaka!
And then one last photo from today when Henry was transformed by his best friend from across the hall into the Easter Bunny Super Man.
1 comment:
He is a total redhead! I love it!
Post a Comment