At random times Henry surprises me by doing something I taught him long ago. The other day we were kicking a ball and, as he often does, he fell down from tripping over his foot or kicking the ball too hard or looking the other way when he ran. When he got up from one of his wipe outs he smiled really big and said "Take a bow. Take a bow." while performing a bow. The last time I remember telling him to take a proud bow was a few months back when we were living with my sister and he had a spell of random tumbles. He never took to bowing then but suddenly last weekend he was happy to.
I don't think I ever posted photos of our nanny's baby boy but I know some of you are interested. We visited her and her son once about a week after the birth back in August and then Henry visited again one time while Elliot and I were at the project site for a week. To this day Henry still mentions that he went to her house and saw her baby and that he wants to go again. I guess they made a quick bond.
.jpg)
Elliot turned 4 months on October 1. He's getting so old so quick. As I mentioned before, he's rolling this way and that and now he grabs on tightly to things. He's pretty quick to give a smile, espeically if you speak Garo to him. There's something about saying "shai-a" and "mong-cho" which mean "who?" and "what happened?" that make him the happiest camper. That's actually what I kept saying when we were taking this series of photos.
I went to my projct site at the beginning of September. It was a great week spent mostly out in the field since we launched a new, large infant feeding trial that week. Here are a few photos from that trip.
A kitchen
A portable stove
A kitchen shelf system
Transplanting rice
Hmmmm, perhaps its not so hygenic to tie the cow up right next to the kitchen stove (hole in the ground with a molded structure to rest the pot)?
Some of our followers
A house with a "homestead garden" - there are vines with gourds growing all around along with some pepper plants.
These kids made a store and were selling fish (the bunch of leaves hanging) :)
A banana tree leaf makes a great umbrella
An ELEPHANT! and then we saw two more the next day as you see below. I guess the circus was in town.
Taking a 6 month old's length measurement.
.jpg)
_good.jpg)
_close+good.jpg)
_close+good.jpg)
_good+with+sign.jpg)
_can+read+the+sign.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment