March 2, 2013

All done - at least for now

Elliot turned 9 months this week. His latest trick is waving and he's on the brink of walking.  He still has no teeth but that might be changing soon since his drool rate tripled today.  Oh, I almost forgot, this Friday we were at the Club in the morning.  Elliot was trying to follow around all the other kids running all over the place. I noticed him heading for the jungle gym but figured he wouldn't go far and just let me continue on his way.  And he kept going and going.  Before we knew it he was already at the top of the structure (~5 levels) and I arrived just in time to be at the base of the slide as he went down hands first!  He went about this adventure with his usual happy, calm nature.  It impressed us and cracked us up. 
He continues on his path to being a big dude.  I tell you it's hard carrying around a 22 lb kid.  He's proportionately large which means that he doesn't look like a sumo wrestler even though his weight for age ranks at the 90th percentile.   I wasn't organized enough to snag a more posed photo than the one here.  

Henry's imaginative play is taking off. He loves making us coffee, cupcakes, and grilled cheeses with sand and buckets.  Plus, the stories he tells are getting more entertaining by the day.  I'll have to record the next funny one.

I'm happy to be spending more time with the kids at the home front after the record breaking number to trips I made up north.  Phew. I thought I'd post a few photos from a random stop at a market on the way back from the field last week. I hope you've already eaten your meal....
 
Here's a zoom in to one of the items he's selling - because I know you wanted this level of detail.
FYI: It was interesting to me how quickly the head is sold.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: