June 12, 2013

The big transition


There’s big news in the Merrill world... We’re moving back to the US!  We’re in the throes of preparing for the move and have only 13 more days until the flight.  This move comes after we’ve been in Bangladesh for nearly three years during this current stint, but after a total of living here 7 of the last 11 years.  Wow.  On July 1 I’m starting a Epidemic Intelligence Service (EIS) Fellowship with the CDC.  This means that we’re moving to Atlanta and we’ll be there at least 2 years!  We’re so excited about getting this opportunity to move back to the US although these last few days in the Desh are very bitter sweet.  We’re looking forward to peanut butter, cheese, beer, and elbow room but we’re really going to miss the rickshaws, cows, goats, and occasional elephants on the way to work, our quick 5 minute stroll to the American Club and it’s pool, our friends, and most certainly the family we’ve created with the women who come to our house every week day to hang out with the boys.  

Beyond packing boxes, selling extra stuff, and the challenge of saying good byes, Elliot has been busy preparing by starting down the road of potty training. HA!  He’s not even a year old but the ladies keep teasing me that Bangladeshi babies can control when they go potty by this age. I remember hearing this when Henry was younger. Quite frankly I welcome the effort to get Elliot out of diapers, but I’m not banking on a successful campaign.  Regardless, any bit counts. 


Other brotherly fun:
A morning session of bubble blowing - one of Henry's favorites

A crib session




 Ok, I've had enough...please save me Mom!



No comments: