Although Easter and my birthday were a few weeks ago, I still want to put up a post about that weekend since it was a lot of fun. Explaining some of the Easter traditions to Henry and getting him excited to get to bed so he could wake up for the egg hunt were quite entertaining. When we were in Dhaka we had Easter parties with friends, but it wasn't until this year that I realized I had never explained the Easter Bunny. The day before Easter I told him that the Easter Bunny would come at night to hide eggs for him to find in the morning. He quickly looked perplexed and said "But, bunnies aren't nocturnal. Why would an Easter Bunny come in the middle of the night?" and then "Bunnies are mammals. Why would the Easter Bunny leave me eggs?" HA! We had just as much confusion around Santa Claus's practices at Christmas this year. Note to self, get Elliot on board before he'll really think about all the craziness.
We hunted around for awhile
And then assessed the loot

Then ate a good breakfast
And then, for an added treat, the boys played Zelda. Now this just cracked me up! Scott played while the boys watched but by the sounds I heard while I was in the other room, I would have thought that all of them were playing. I would hear nothing for awhile and then suddenly Henry and Elliot would say "ya! ha! ah! ha! ya! ah!" while, as I figured out when i peeked in, swinging their swords as vigorously as Scott was shaking the wii nunchuck. Henry and Elliot are so in to the game! Thank you Uncle Fish.
Later on that day we had a cook out and beer brewing party. A few of us bottled the beer last weekend and hope to have a beer tasting party in a few weeks.
The day before Easter was my birthday. We had three things planned for the day but with the rain that came through, all three events were canceled. Instead, we capitalized on Scott's birthday present to me and...made pasta! Since my birthday we have made two batches of ravioli and a bit of spaghetti. YUM!

This was after a great birthday morning with pancakes
And a painting session during which Henry made me a birthday cake, after perfecting his skill for Scott's birthday a few weeks earlier.
Too bad I have to wait a year for another birthday!










No comments:
Post a Comment