June 19, 2014

Discovering Stone Mountain from above


Although this one is coming a bit late I didn't want to miss posting it.  At the boys' school auction I won a "Discovery flight" out of a small airport near my house.  Some of you may know that since I was 6 or 7 I have dreamed of having a small plane pilots license.  I've flown a few times, most often with one of my Dad's friends when we lived in Minnesota, and always look for ways to go up again.  When I saw this 30 minute flight on the silent auction list, I stalked it like a mad woman. I ended up splitting the flight with a friend.  During the flight he sat in the co-pilot seat and I was the photographer.  We had such an amazing time on our tour of Stone Mountain!


Here we are setttng our route - or letting the instructor / pilot set the course ;)

While I flew, the boys played with some of our friends and their kids at the great airport playground.
 And were enthralled when they saw a helicopter take off
Even though it's now been 5 or 6 weeks since this morning at the airport, Elliot will still tell / ask me "Momma, you fly an airplane?" and Henry will response "Yes, Elliot, Momma flew an airplane."  Maybe one day I'll take them up with me when I pilot!










No comments: