On May 25th and 26th we attended graduation events despite Henry being only a few days old. The first was an awards ceremony. Because I was receiving an award that was new this year there was a special presentation at the beginning of the event that included my name being called by the Dean. Because of the special treatment I must admit it was quite fun to be presented with a new award. All the while Henry was asleep in his father's lap.
The next day we went to the actual Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health graduation ceremony at the Meyerhoff Symphony Hall. Again Henry slept peacefully through the whole event. I certainly missed him while I sat up front; the 4 hours I was with the other students were the most hours I had been away from Henry.
We were so proud of our little man for attending the events without a fuss! Wow, I can't believe I'm done with school - forever! I guess it's time to think about what I want to be when I grow up ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment