November 29, 2010

Swimming

On the last day of swim class until February, Henry swam underwater!  While I braced myself anxiously to grab Henry when he surfaced, the instructor picked him up totally out of the water and then dunked him under head first.  She did this so that water wouldn't go up, literally, his little nose.  Once Henry was fully underwater plus some she let go and we watched him paddle to the surface. Although it felt like he was underwater for 10 seconds I'm sure it was more like 2 - and he did great! I've watched other kids start wailing once they were back in their parent's arms and I've seen kids who crack a little smile. Henry reacted in an entertainingly neutral way.  With water dripping down his face he looked at me, looked at the instructor and then.....looked around for his cup to resume playing with it. 

He's going to be a swimmer just like Scott!

No comments: