At least I didn't make you wait a whole month...
In Henry news: he still loves swimming and now jumps off the side into our waiting arms, he's now sleeping in to 6am or later which is great news for his parents, he bonded with his dad and now calls out "Baba" when he sees Scott, he learned how to whirl around toy airplanes and make airplane noises from his new best friend Oden who moved in across the hall, he's lost interest in flipping over Guinness's water bowl (thankfully!) and and and...
The past few weeks have been quite a whirl wind around here. Some of my colleagues came in town but their time in Bangladesh with each other only overlapped by a few days which meant that I had to go up to our Project site a few times. Plus I went to a conference in the middle of the madness. More specifically, I went up north (the drive now often takes 10 hours to go 180 miles!) driving up one day, doing 2 full days of meetings and driving back one day, then spent 4 days in Dhaka, then went to Singapore for 5 days, then was in Dhaka for 4 days, and then went back up north for 5 days of work. It was fun to bring Henry up on the last trip because a) of course I wanted to spend time with him, b) Scott was planning on going on an in-country trip too during that time, and c) it's always nice to get Henry out of the big city. Below are a bunch of photos from the past few weeks....
Scott and Henry at the Club:
July 4th Bar-b-que on our friends roof:
Packing for Singapore:
Delicious Singapore fruit:
Singapore boat ride:
Should have gone on another boat ride....in the mall (Gil, Leah, Seth, Rick and Margaret - Scott says it's no gondola on Cherry Creek!):
Henry sporting the Hawaiian outfit I got him in Singapore:
Road side activity on the drive up to the Project on the first trip Waiting for the train for the second trip up. Although it was fun to take the train it ended up taking the same amount of time since the train was 3 hours late - at least we had a few hours of not subjecting Henry to the car:
Henry woke up super early while we were up there so we were able to hunt down birds as they woke up,
he hung out with the "dorm" security guard and watch with rapt interest while he openned coconuts he had just cut from the tree
Hung out on the comfy hammock chair
Perhaps most fun of all, the last day he found a goat to befriend - as long as the goat just stayed in one place:
Henry has increased his curiosity in glasses. Once he figured out how to wear mine he did NOT want to take them off.
Here are some photos of an anthropometry activity we had at the Project that I thought I'd post so that you get a better an idea of some of the work I do:
(There is a kid in the front of the photo completely asleep. Throughout the whole activity he never woke up even when people were walking right over him and talking all around him.)
Getting chest circumferences
Getting infant length
More chest circumference
Yesterday Scott went to the mango grove area of Bangladesh and on the way home stopped by a mango warehouse to get some delicious fruit:
Phew. Now that things have calmed down around here prepare yourself for more regular posts again!
1 comment:
Great post B! It is crazy how much Henry looks like you. I love his monkey shirt! And wow-that fruit looks unbelievable.
Miss you all bunches!
xoxo-
Christine
Post a Comment