January 29, 2011

A weekend of firsts

Although Scott was out of town this weekend and we missed him a lot, Henry and I had a fun time exploring many firsts. 

- Until this point Henry has never had to "bite" into any of his food.  He has been eating veggies, fruits, yogurt, lentils, etc that are mashed to varying degrees.  This weekend I decided it was high time he experienced something different.  I think he enjoyed trying to figure out how to stuff a whole 4 inch long cracker-like thing in his mouth. His determination was quite entertaining.  

- This afternoon Henry and I were playing at the Club with our friends who have a daughter about the same age as Henry.  Henry was having a good time walking, with my assistance, all over the lawn and sandy area.  At one point we walked passed a little ball my friend brought.  I thought it was coincidence that Henry kicked the ball.  But, then as he walked forward he kicked it again.  Not only did he kick the ball by himself for awhile but he played a little back and forth with my friend! Wow.  I don't know where he learned all of his sporty moves but it's so fun to play with him.


Another first is that Henry took a super long nap this afternoon.  For awhile he was taking naps that were no longer than 45 minutes but within the past few days he started sleeping an hour and half at a time.  This afternoon he slept for 2 hours.  Let me just say I welcome the longer naps!

Unfortunately I don't have any photos to post for the weekend. My friend took some at the Club and I'll post them if I get them from her. I took some videos but the files are too big for me to load them online. 

No comments: