September 1, 2011

Charmed



This morning we were enjoyed our second vacation day from work. Mid-morning just when I, along with Henry, began feeling a little antsy, we heard a gourd a piping.  Gourd? Yes, gourd.  This could mean none other than a skilled snake charmer with a basket of snakes hanging from each end of a pole he balanced on his shoulder, playing his gourd, recorder-like instrument, perusing our street looking for a crowd to please.  I rushed to gather the troops including not just Henry, Scott, and my dad but also Shilpi and Shobita and the gang from across the hall.  The kids across the hall were slightly reluctant at first but the second they saw what I meant by snake charmer they were so happy they came along. 
 What a lucky way to spend a day home from work/school.  This kind of entertainment doesn't come around that often.  In fact, in our 5+ years in Bangladesh, this is only the second time we've seen one.

No comments: