September 11, 2011

Pooooooool

Henry is back to his old self after a few days of ear drops. We discovered on Friday that not only was Henry getting his 8th tooth, the fourth in the front bottom, but he was also getting ALL FOUR of his first molars. I'm amazed he did as well as he did through all of that. I can tell there is still some lingering pain, but he seems to be past the worst of it.

On Friday Henry, for the first time, walked up to me, said "Pool", walked to his stroller to climb in, and said "Go". Oh boy, oh boy, now that he's getting much better at communicating what he wants, I see tantrums not too far off in the future as he discovers that just because he asks, and even if he flashes his pearly whites, he won't always get what he wants. Until the moment he really lets his frustration show, we'll relish in the excitement of watching learn so quickly how to communicate.


Luckily for Henry I was already planning on taking him to the Club. Unfortunately for him I wasn't ready to let him go in the pool because of his ears, but once we were at the Club he was quickly distracted. First it was a pick-up basketball game that had him mesmerized; how could he pass up watching a ball get thrown and bounced all over the place. Conveniently, right where Henry took a seat to watch the basketball game there was an array of open bamboo stalks, some filled with water, and rocks galore. 20 or 30 minutes later, he never noticed he had missed out on swimming. 

Back on the home, front we have a friend staying with us for a week. She's living in Dhaka for a few months and was going to house sit for us when I went up north and Scott was in Thailand for a week to conduct a training.  But, just as you can expect in Bangladesh, nothing stays as planned.  Right after she settled in my trip was postponed.  I'm happy she'll still stay for the week.  The highlight of the situation is that she has a pet bird.  The bird isn't necessarily going to be my best friend, but Henry is completely content staring him.  Last night as we prepared for bedtime Henry took a front row seat next to the cage and kept encouraging the bird to "eat" and "khao" (which means 'You eat' in Bangla).




One last fun one

No comments: