September 7, 2011

Working through the pain

Last night we discovered that Henry had his first ear infection - most likely swimmers ear.  We made the diagnosis when he had a pretty high temperature and just a brush of wind by his ear would make him to cry.  Scott and I were discussing whether we should take him to the hospital emergency room when we remembered that one of my friends who lives just around the corner is a doctor.  I slid lightly sleeping Henry into the Ergo at 8pm and walked over to my friend's, got a prescription, and got to a pharmacy before closing time.  Wish us luck as we try to adhere to giving Henry ear drops in each ear 3 times a day for 7 days - meaning that we have to convince him to keep one ear facing up for 5 minutes after the drops go in...have you ever tried to get a toddler to hold his head still, and at that kind of an angle, for 5 minutes?  With that said, this afternoon while I was trying to coax him to let the drops do their magic I discovered that the poor guy was also getting his 8th tooth. It has just popped through the surface.  






Despite the effort he's putting forth to let his teeth come through and get rid of the ear infection, he still managed to have a little fun before he went to bed at 5:45pm. 

No comments: