While Henry and I try to keep ourselves entertained in Dhaka, Scott is having a grand time in Thailand getting 1.5 hour massages and, better yet, getting his feet nibbled on by fish for 30 minutes every day. He says the fish treatment is better than anything a pumas stone could do. It might be a bit obvious, but we're super jealous of him! But, he'll be back in Dhaka tomorrow and while he'll be missing all the pampering, I bet the reunion will be worth the change.
Henry had another first today. He was chowing down on hummus at lunch using a cucumber wedge in one hand and a carrot wedge in the other to scoop it into his mouth. I know he loves hummus and today he was letting that shine. About 3 bites in he looks up at me and smiles and says "happy!" and then goes back to eating. He had a) never said "happy" before, and b) never expressed an emotion before! To many that may seem like not that big of a deal, but to me it such a great event to hear him vocalize how he was feeling (and to have him express such happiness during a meal time). I bet he wishes he could express frustration in words rather than pouts - or maybe that's just something I wish for.

1 comment:
Yeah! So exciting. And eating veggies and hummus..impressive!
Post a Comment